Yes, you read that well! We are translating our sustainability videos into Japanese.
The first 11 Sustainability Illustrated videos will be translated into Japanese (drawings and narration) in partnership with the Japanese consulting firm BCon (Business Consutants, Inc.) and Yurie Makihara. BCon is a consultancy firm from Tokyo interested in accelerating change toward sustainability and training more Japanese people on sustainability concepts and principles, including the Framework for Strategic Sustainable Developement (also knows as The Natural Step framework). Yurie Makihara is a graduate of the master’s program Strategic Leadership Toward Sustainability (Sweden), she is a very knowledgeable sustainability practitioner trained in the techniques of Art of Hosting and also a talented graphic facilitator and a patron of Sustainability Illustrated.
So how are we going to do that? Well, BCon will translate all on-screen texts and narrations, in collaboration with Yurie who is used to the sustainability language used in these videos. They will also record the Japanese narration and send the files to me. On my end, I will replace the English on-screen texts with the Japanese ones (see this example of the first scene of the Triple Bottom Line video) and I will replace the English narration with the Japanese one before doing final editing and synchronization (using Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 from the App Store).
This is a very exciting! Thank you to BCon and Yurie, we are looking forward to having these videos available to the Japanese public.
- Sustainability: the threashold explained in 20 seconds (spaghetti analogy)
- Ecological footprint: Do we fit our planet?
- The sustainability challenge explained (through animation)
- Sustainability definition: scientific & simple
- 4 root causes of unsustainability
- Sustainability plan: How might Einstein solve our problems? (backcasting)
- 4 Principles to Win the Sustainability ‘Game’ (conditions of success)
- Triple Bottom Line & Sustainability: the science of good business
- Climate change: understanding the facts? (Vostok ice core)
- Systems thinking: a cautionary tale (cats in Borneo)
- Sustainability Gap: Creative tension engenders motion (ABCD)
Stay in touch and subscribe to our newsletter!
A maximum of 2 emails per month to receive the new videos, illustrations and ideas to make sustainability knowledge and processes visual and easy to understand: